(Chinese Curriculum for International Students)
The International Division of Shanghai Foreign Language School (SFLS) Affiliated to Shanghai International Studies University is among the first international divisions approved by Shanghai Municipal Education Commission. We introduce and absorb advanced educational ideas from abroad, integrate existing high-quality educational resources of SFLS, and insist on our distinctive way of incorporating “national spirit and international perspective” in curricula design.
Timing Advantages for College Application
1. Semesters are split into Spring and Fall so that students will have smooth transition to colleges (especially those in Japan and South Korea).
2. Students have sufficient time to prepare for Chinese-university entrance exams in March or April every year.
1. World-widely recognized foundational curricula of Shanghai junior and high schools, enhanced by leading multi-language teaching tradition of SFLS
2. Chinese and English teaching by different levels (offering courses such as intensive reading, speaking and listening, reading, writing, TOEFL, HSK, etc.)
3. Full coverage of Japanese and Korean curricula to keep up with the language proficiency level in students’ countries of origin
4. Highly-adaptive curricula aiming for: Chinese universities, Japanese/Korean universities, and European and American universities
5. Multiple curricula options such as Tongbu Class and International Curriculum to suit individual learning capability and requirements
1. Various self-designed teaching materials suitable for foreign students including Chinese intensive reading, HSK guidance, mathematics, English, science and Chinese folk music
2. Immersion English courses taught by Chinese and foreign teachers
3. Seven linguistic abilities developed simultaneously, i.e. listening, speaking, reading, writing, performing, translating and debating
4. Three-dimensional teaching method of connecting theory with activity, in-class with after-class, and knowledge with practice
1. Multiple interactive opportunities with students of our Local Division who are Chinese native speakers
2. Participation in activities of foreign affairs such as reception of visiting groups from over 20 international sister schools and summer camps of Chinese Bridge and Model UN
3. A three-week study abroad trip for Grade 11 students to a renowned senior high school of English speaking country (at students’ own expenses)
4. Events throughout academic year: sports meeting, cultural excursion, Chinese/English presentations, international cultural festival, in-depth language practice activities, Halloween, Christmas party and graduation trip
Accommodation on Campus:
1. 7-day/24-hour dormitory supervisor service
2. Canteen operated by SISU